Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Meet Baby Memphis "Expecting the Unexpected"

Meet Baby Memphis
"Expecting the Unexpected"

For Michael and Kyli, the adoption process took an unexpected fast track to their son Memphis.  They went into this process knowing and expecting to wait the traditional 6-10 months with CAC.  To their surprise they were matched in just over one month.  Along the way, they opened their hearts to openness with their birth mother and developed a beautiful, loving relationship.  When I asked Kyli about their adoption experience she sent me one of her favorite quotes.  "There's never a perfect time to foster or adopt. Just a lot of opportunities to say yes despite the many reasons we have to say no".  - This perfectly describes their hearts throughout their experience and I pray their story can be an inspiration to let the Lord direct your opportunity to say YES.



I have been waiting in anticipation to write this post!  As a consultant, I often work with families from all over the country whom I never get to meet.  So when a family matches with a local (to me) Expectant Mom-- I get a little excited! 


Michael and Kyli started working with me in February of 2016.  They immediately got started on their home study while I began working on their profile book.  Both the home study and profile book were completed rather quickly and they were ready to start applying to agencies.  Well, things took a turn one beautiful day in April when I gave them a call.  Might I add, this was just one day after their home study report was completed.  A local Louisiana agency needed a family for a baby boy due in May!  Just like that-- Michael and Kyli were expecting a baby boy!  The matching process doesn't always happen this fast, but boy is it exciting when it does! 

Over the next few months I watched as Michael and Kyli developed a beautiful open relationship with their Expectant Mother.  Their hearts were so open and loving to this precious woman who needed someone in her life at that moment.  They went into this process not knowing what to expect when considering the openness of their adoption, but they allowed the Lord to lead and guide them during this time.  It was such a privilege to see His faithfulness on full display.     

The month of May rolled around... and they anxiously awaited the arrival of their baby boy.

                                             Welcome to the world baby Memphis!  






































As a consultant I am always excited to hear about a baby being born into a family.
This time was extra special for me personally, because I got to hold little Memphis in my arms and share in this joy! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
For more information about domestic or international adoption, please contact me at katiem@christianadoptionconsultants.com

No comments:

Post a Comment